This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8437 / 53°50'37"N
Longitude: -0.634 / 0°38'2"W
OS Eastings: 489974
OS Northings: 439467
OS Grid: SE899394
Mapcode National: GBR SR0Z.JW
Mapcode Global: WHGF1.7NC7
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1084105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167068
Location: Sancton, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO43
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Sancton
Built-Up Area: Sancton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sancton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
SANCTON A 1034
SE 83 NE
11/50 Church of All Saints
Church. C15 west tower, remainder rebuilt using old materials 1869-71 by
J B & W Atkinson. Ashlar to west tower, coursed squared rubble elsewhere,
graduated slate roof. C19 work in Gothic Revival style. West tower, 4-bay
nave with south porch, 3-bay chancel. Octagonal west tower of two stages:
diagonal buttresses with offsets and crocketed pinnacles. Lower stage has
pointed 3-light west window with Perpendicular tracery under hoodmould with
trefoil headed lancet above. Two-light pointed belfry openings with
Perpendicular tracery, including double transoms, under hoodmoulds.
Crenellated parapet with crocketed pinnacles. Short flying buttresses to
diagonal buttresses with pinnacles. Nave: two 2-light pointed windows with
Perpendicular style tracery under hoodmoulds to west, single lancet to east.
Pointed south door with continuous double chamfer with bar stops. Raised
coped gable with cross finial. Chancel: priests' door, with round-headed
arch on double quirk-and-hollow chamfer imposts, to centre; lancets to east
and west. Low side lancet to west. Banded east gable with stepped scroll-
moulded string and triple stepped lancet under hoodmould with foliated
stops. Quatrefoil window above. Coped gable with cross finial. Interior:
pointed double-chamfered tower arch dying into responds which incorporate
re-used C12 chevrons. C15 font: octagonal pier on moulded base supporting
octagonal basin with shields and fleurons.
Listing NGR: SE8997439467
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings