History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Laurels and Outbuilding Adjoining to Left

A Grade II Listed Building in Belton, North Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5516 / 53°33'5"N

Longitude: -0.8174 / 0°49'2"W

OS Eastings: 478450

OS Northings: 406758

OS Grid: SE784067

Mapcode National: GBR QWQC.VK

Mapcode Global: WHFF5.FZ0N

Entry Name: The Laurels and Outbuilding Adjoining to Left

Listing Date: 10 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1084399

English Heritage Legacy ID: 165077

Location: Belton, North Lincolnshire, DN9

County: North Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Belton

Built-Up Area: Belton (North Lincolnshire) BU

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Belton All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Epworth

Listing Text

SE 7806-7906 BELTON HIGH STREET
(west side)

18/21 No 70 (The Laurels)
and outbuilding adjoining
to left

GV II

Farmhouse and adjoining outbuilding. 1777 with later minor alterations.
Brown brick in Flemish bond. Pantile roofs. House has double-depth plan
with 2-room central entrance-hall south front. Gable-end to street. 2
storeys, 3 bays; symmetrical. C20 door in original frame with plain
overlight in doorcase with pilasters carrying entablature with modillioned
cornice and hood. C19 4-pane sashes in original flush wooden architraves
with sills beneath stucco flat arches. Central first-floor painted dummy
window. Stepped and dentilled brick eaves cornice. Brick-coped gables with
shaped stone kneelers. End stacks. Gable ends have tie bars with "T" to
right, "7" to left, (originally "T B" and "1777"). Single-storey
outbuilding adjoining at right angles to left has pair of board doors and
sliding sash with glazing bars beneath rubbed-brick flat arches; round-
headed board door to right. Tumbled-in brick to raised gables. Interior of
house contains chamfered spine beams, 2-fielded-panel doors in architraves,
single-flight staircase, plaster first floors.


Listing NGR: SE7845006758

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.