History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Mill House mill House

A Grade II Listed Building in Goudhurst, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1144 / 51°6'51"N

Longitude: 0.4631 / 0°27'47"E

OS Eastings: 572501

OS Northings: 137893

OS Grid: TQ725378

Mapcode National: GBR PT2.3WS

Mapcode Global: VHJN4.Z862

Entry Name: Little Mill House mill House

Listing Date: 22 June 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1084723

English Heritage Legacy ID: 169463

Location: Goudhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN17

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Goudhurst

Built-Up Area: Goudhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Goudhurst

Listing Text

GOUDHURST CHURCH ROAD
TQ 7237-7337 (north side)

15/113 Mill House and Little
Mill House
GV II
House, now house pair, C17 or earlier, altered early C19 and c.1900. Timber
framed and clad with red brick and ornamental tile hanging on first floor with
plain tiled roof. Lobby entry plan. Two storeys and attic with roof half-hipped
to right and gabled to left with stacks to centre right and at end left. Central
barge-boarded gabled dormer, and large gabled projection to centre left, smaller
gable to centre right, both with moulded barge-boards, with attic window to left,
and hipped 2 storey bay at right. Wooden casement on first floor to centre right
gable, otherwise 3 metal 4 and 5-light casements on first floor and 2 on ground
floor, all with Gothick arched leaded glazing bars, with half-glazed door to
centre right gabled projection, and boarded door in hipped porch on left return.
Parallel range to rear right, also tile hung over red brick ground floor. A smock
and stage mill stood in the grounds to the north from c.1819 to c.1890, a cellar
reportedly still surviving on site, the then owner, Mr Haskett-Smith altering the
mill cottages to single house now returned to 2 houses.


Listing NGR: TQ7250437894

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.