History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cutthorn

A Grade II Listed Building in Lamberhurst, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1045 / 51°6'16"N

Longitude: 0.3921 / 0°23'31"E

OS Eastings: 567563

OS Northings: 136634

OS Grid: TQ675366

Mapcode National: GBR NRN.PY2

Mapcode Global: VHJN3.RH4M

Entry Name: Cutthorn

Listing Date: 9 July 1973

Last Amended: 10 October 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1085278

English Heritage Legacy ID: 170041

Location: Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Lamberhurst

Built-Up Area: Lamberhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Lamberhurst St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Lamberhurst

Listing Text

LAMBERHURST PARSONAGE LANE
TQ 6636-6736
(south side)
8/204 Cutthorn (formerly listed
as Cutthorne Cottages)
9.7.73
GV II

House, sometime cottages. C16, clad C18. Timber framed and clad with red and blue
chequered brick on ground floor and tile hung on first floor with plain tiled roof.
Two storeys and attic on plinth with moulded bresummer to first floor (except to
left hand bay) and returned to right end elevation. Stacks at end left and at end
right and 3 flat roofed dormers. Three 2 light wooden casements on each floor, that
to centre smaller, with single lights to end right on first floor and to left and
right on ground floor. Boarded doors to left and to right with flat hoods on
console-outline brackets and blocked doorway to centre right. Rear with single
storey lean-to outshot with dormers at either end. Interior: fully exposed frame of
large scantling with chamfered jowls. Two builds, the end left bay an addition with
tenoned purlin roof, the main range with earlier staggered purlin roof. The building
is recorded at least as early as 1572 (County Archives), and the rear courtyard has
stone lined spring basin, once a major supply for the neighbourhood.


Listing NGR: TQ6756336634

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.