History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lamberhust Primary School

A Grade II Listed Building in Lamberhurst, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1033 / 51°6'11"N

Longitude: 0.3939 / 0°23'37"E

OS Eastings: 567694

OS Northings: 136503

OS Grid: TQ676365

Mapcode National: GBR NRN.QF2

Mapcode Global: VHJN3.SJ2K

Entry Name: Lamberhust Primary School

Listing Date: 10 October 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1085282

English Heritage Legacy ID: 170048

Location: Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells

Civil Parish: Lamberhurst

Built-Up Area: Lamberhurst

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Lamberhurst St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Lamberhurst

Listing Text

LAMBERHURST SCHOOL HILL
TQ 6636-6736
(west side)
8/211 Lamberhurst Primary
School
GV II

School. 1834-6, largely extended 1846-56 and again 1877. Hooker of Brenchley,
architect. Red brick with sandstone ashlar dressings and plain tiled roof. Two
storeys on plinth with string course and quoins and projecting end bays, with 3
shaped gables to centre section and to each end gable, with clock tower to centre
left in re-entrant to left hand gable, with broach spire and lucarnes; moulded
stacks to end right and to left. Stone mullioned windows to tower, otherwise wooden
mullioned and mullioned and transomed windows, with label hoods in gables; five bay
frontage in all, including tower. Boarded door in four centred arched surround in
gabled porch projecting from clock tower, with similar doorway to right return.
Plaque in left hand gable (the former Master's House) with initials W.A.M., recording
William Morland, by whose legacy of £200 in 1846, the original single storey block
was extended, raised and decorated, and date of 1877 in right hand gable, recording
the addition of this wing. See W.Morland, Lamberhurst School.


Listing NGR: TQ6769436503

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.