This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0899 / 51°5'23"N
Longitude: 0.393 / 0°23'34"E
OS Eastings: 567685
OS Northings: 135006
OS Grid: TQ676350
Mapcode National: GBR NRV.Q5L
Mapcode Global: FRA C6Q7.LZ1
Entry Name: Oasthouse 15 Metres East of Whisketts Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 October 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085307
English Heritage Legacy ID: 170006
Location: Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
District: Tunbridge Wells
Civil Parish: Lamberhurst
Built-Up Area: Lamberhurst
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Lamberhurst St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
LAMBERHURST HASTINGS ROAD
TQ 63 SE & TQ 6635-6735
5 & 9/169 Oasthouse 15 metres east
of Whisketts Farmhouse
Oasthouse. Circa 1800, altered and extended late C19. Red brick ground floor and
tile hung first floor, with red brick kilns. Plain tiled roofs. Two parallel ranges
of stowage. Late C19 range of 2 storeys with gabled roof with boarded loft door to
left and half shuttered casement to right and with half-doors to centre of ground
floor. Casements and boarded doors to return elevations. Earlier range2 storeys with
half-hipped roof, 2 wooden casements on each floor and loft doors to rear elevation.
Originally 2 roundels and 1 square kiln, only the square kiln remains, witb one
roundel in process of rebuilding. Unaltered interior with hop press in situ.
Listing NGR: TQ6768635004
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings