This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3329 / 51°19'58"N
Longitude: 1.4233 / 1°25'23"E
OS Eastings: 638560
OS Northings: 164874
OS Grid: TR385648
Mapcode National: GBR X0M.6PV
Mapcode Global: VHMCW.MR9L
Entry Name: Albion House
Listing Date: 13 September 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085418
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171667
Location: Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent, CT11
Civil Parish: Ramsgate
Built-Up Area: Ramsgate
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
RAMSGATE ALBION PLACE
TR 3864 NE
14/38 No. 27
Terrace house, being used as offices. Circa 1790, altered mid C19.
Rendered with slate roof. Three storeys and attic with parapet to Mansard
roof, with 3 flat roofed dormers and stacks to left and to right. Regular
fenestration of 5 sashes in moulded surrounds on 2nd floor, 5 double hung
sashes on 1st floor with tented verandah on simple piers with scrolled
brackets and geometric pattern rails, returned to right side elevation.
Four sashes on ground floor with moulded surrounds, and central door of 6
raised and fielded panels and semi-circular fanlight with hollow chamfered
rebate and moulded surround, keyed and with pilasters, at head of flight of
5 steps. Right return with moulded oculus in gable end, 2 sashes and central
blank panel on each floor (glazing bar sash on 1st floor) in moulded surrounds,
with 3 storey and 1 storey extensions beyond with sashes and wooden casement.
Interior: original open string geometric stair reaching full height, with
moulded principals and unturned balusters. Some original fireplaces in top
storey rooms. Town council chamber added to rear, with mid C20 classical
decor. One of several residences used by the Duchess of Kent and Princess
Victoria in Ramsgate (c.1830).
Listing NGR: TR3856064874
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings