History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of the Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Ramsgate, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.337 / 51°20'13"N

Longitude: 1.4252 / 1°25'30"E

OS Eastings: 638669

OS Northings: 165333

OS Grid: TR386653

Mapcode National: GBR X0M.151

Mapcode Global: VHMCW.NN9G

Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 4 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1085426

English Heritage Legacy ID: 171685

Location: Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent, CT11

County: Kent

District: Thanet

Civil Parish: Ramsgate

Built-Up Area: Ramsgate

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Ramsgate

Listing Text

RAMSGATE BELLEVUE ROAD
TR 3865 SE
(west side)
10/56 Church of the
Holy Trinity
GV II
Parish Church. 1844-5. Stevens and Alexander of London. Coursed, knapped
flint with Caen stone dressings and concrete interlocking tiles to roof.
Nave with aisles and south porch and chancel in perpendicular style.
Triple offset and pinnacled buttresses to nave and aisle west end, with
double gable to west, and plank and stud door with label surround below
large 5 light window. Smaller 3 light windows to aisles, west end, with
arched 2 light windows elsewhere and square headed 2 light clerestory
windows. Gabled south porch with arched and hooded surrounds to outer and
inner doors. Simple offset buttresses to east ends of nave and aisles, and
eastern bell gable. Small and plain projecting chancel. Interior: now
used as church and church hall with panelled entrance lobby to both parts.
Large double chamfered arcade on octagonal moulded piers, with similar
channel arch. Fittings: pulpit and lectern, very dark varnished wood with
much figurative sculpture, 1867 by J E Lock-Beveridge. The church cost
£3000, with seating for 770, on a site given by the D'Este family of
Mount Albion House (the children of Prince Frederick Augustus and Lady
Augusta Murray) (Busson, Ramsgate, 106;) (See also B.O.E. Kent II. 426;
Honan. Victorian Churches of Kent, 83).

Listing NGR: TR3866965333

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.