This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2849 / 51°17'5"N
Longitude: 1.1835 / 1°11'0"E
OS Eastings: 622088
OS Northings: 158793
OS Grid: TR220587
Mapcode National: GBR VZK.624
Mapcode Global: VHLGH.GYHV
Entry Name: Wickham House
Listing Date: 30 January 1967
Last Amended: 14 March 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085492
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171546
Location: Wickhambreaux, Canterbury, Kent, CT3
Civil Parish: Wickhambreaux
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 WICKHAMBREAUX THE GREEN
(formerly listed as
The Old Rectory)
TR 2258 36/673 30.1.67
Built in 1713 by the Rev Alexander Young who was Rector of Wickhambreaux from
1712-1755. Two storeys attics and basement. Brown brick with red brick dressings.
Steeply-pitched hipped tiled roof with brick chimneystacks north and south.
Two small dormers with wooden pediments and in the centre a brick portion of
one window built out, probably at a later date, flanked by pilasters and with
a pediment over. Five sashes with segmental heads and glazing bars intact.
Aprons beneath windows. Early C19 doorcase at the bead of 8 steps with iron
handrail, the doorcase set in a moulded architrave surround with projecting
cornice on brackets, rectangular fanlight and door of 4 moulded panels. The
interior contains an C18 staircase with 2 turned balusters to each tread a
drawing room with fine panelling and an C18 fireplace (not originally from
this house) and other contemporary panelling and marble fireplaces.
Listing NGR: TR2208758794
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings