This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2089 / 51°12'32"N
Longitude: 1.0242 / 1°1'27"E
OS Eastings: 611336
OS Northings: 149868
OS Grid: TR113498
Mapcode National: GBR TYZ.1SY
Mapcode Global: VHKKB.PWV4
Entry Name: Waltham Court
Listing Date: 14 March 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085515
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171500
Location: Waltham, Canterbury, Kent, CT4
Civil Parish: Waltham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TR 14 NW 16/645
This building was erected in 1796 as the Poorhouse of Waltham, Petham, Crundall
and Lower Hardres parishes. It was closed in 1828 and converted into a Methodist
Chapel, Beershop and Bakery. The chapel was known as "The Charity". Services
were held there until 1885. It was made into a residence in 1909. Two parallel
ranges. Two storeys and attics red brick. Tiled with 2 dormers and modillion
eaves cornice. Three casement windows. Modern porch at the head of 8 steps
built over a round-headed doorcase with semi-circular fanlight.
Listing NGR: TR1133649868
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings