This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3476 / 51°20'51"N
Longitude: 1.165 / 1°9'53"E
OS Eastings: 620498
OS Northings: 165697
OS Grid: TR204656
Mapcode National: GBR VYR.FCB
Mapcode Global: VHLG9.4DQ9
Entry Name: Ford Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1085650
English Heritage Legacy ID: 171206
Location: Hoath, Canterbury, Kent, CT3
Civil Parish: Hoath
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5273 HOATH MILL BANK
Ford Manor Farmhouse
TR 26 NW 1/390 30.1.67
This building incorporates part of the late mediaeval gatehouse of the Palace
of the Archbishops of Canterbury. Most of the Palace was demolished in 1658.
The existing building incorporates a wing of C15 date but was refronted in
red brick in C18. Two storeys. Hipped tiled roof. Three casement windows.
Modern porch. The east front has the timber-framing exposed in one place and
a small two-storeyed gable projection in the centre. In the south wall is
an C18 doorcase with pilasters, a pediment and door of 6 fielded panels. Behind
is an C18 L-wing on the ground floor only, and beyond this a C17 red brick
wall containing an archway with a pointed head. The interior contains exposed
beams, inglenook fireplace and crown post roof of circa 1480.
Listing NGR: TR2049865697
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings