This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2803 / 52°16'48"N
Longitude: -1.5011 / 1°30'4"W
OS Eastings: 434130
OS Northings: 264795
OS Grid: SP341647
Mapcode National: GBR 6NR.58V
Mapcode Global: VHBXJ.XYSB
Entry Name: Radford Hall
Listing Date: 11 April 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1087111
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308108
Location: Radford Semele, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV31
Civil Parish: Radford Semele
Built-Up Area: Royal Leamington Spa
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Radford Semele St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
RADFORD SEMELE Southam Road
16/236 Radford Hall
Large circa early C17 red brick house with stone dressings. Steeply pitched
plain tile roof concealed by brick parapet on front elevation. Stone plinth.
Two storeys, five bays. A long, almost symmetrical facade. Half H-shape plan
with gabled wings at rear. The central projecting porch bay is faced with stone
and contains a four-centred arched doorway with a studded oak plank door. Above
is a stone mullioned and transomed eight-light window with leaded panes.
Parapet with four obelisks over porch bay. Recessed bays directly to north and
south of porch with, to north bay two and six-light mullioned and transomed
windows to ground and first floors, while to south bay two and eight-light
windows. The end bays which project are gabled and have brick angle pilasters
crowned by obelisks. Four-light mullioned and transomed windows to ground and
first floors. In 1836 the Hall was renovated by William Thomas architect, for
Henry Greswold Lewis, the old stonework being covered in brick, and the transomed
and mullioned windows restored. Large diagonal shafted brick chimney stack.
Interior: Good early C17 panelling in entrance hall (dated 1622), C17 panelling
in first floor bedroom and original stone fireplace, and later softwood square
panelling in lounge.
Listing NGR: SP3413064795
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings