This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0294 / 53°1'45"N
Longitude: -1.4986 / 1°29'54"W
OS Eastings: 433723
OS Northings: 348126
OS Grid: SK337481
Mapcode National: GBR 6CN.5XY
Mapcode Global: WHCF8.Y3KY
Entry Name: North Eastern Range of Farm Buildings at Dalley Farm (L-Shaped Range Including Northern Hay Barn, Corner Cart Shed and Shelter Shed at Lower Level)
Listing Date: 13 December 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1087431
English Heritage Legacy ID: 78392
Location: Belper, Amber Valley, Derbyshire, DE56
District: Amber Valley
Civil Parish: Belper
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Belper Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 34 NW ASHBOURNE ROAD
950/7/238 North eastern range of
farm buildings at Dalley
(L-shaped range including
northern Hay Barn,
corner cart shed and
shelter shed at lower level)
Early and later C19. An L-shaped range. Ashlar with slate roofs. Northern building a hay barn with open front. Roof supported on pierced shallow arched iron beam with iron posts. Ironwork dated 1867.
Corner building is an open fronted cart shed. Double row of vents in south wall suggests may also have been intended for storage. North end of roof supported on stone corbel, south end wall cut away providing open corner for better access. Overhanging roof here supported on massive iron bracket. To east and adjoining rear wall of cartshed is shelter shed at lower level (sloping ground). Arcaded front with stone pillars and corbels. End bays now partly filled in by low stone walls.
Listing NGR: SK3372348126
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings