History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Shirland House and Attached Stableblock

A Grade II Listed Building in Stonebroom, Derbyshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1251 / 53°7'30"N

Longitude: -1.4061 / 1°24'22"W

OS Eastings: 439837

OS Northings: 358821

OS Grid: SK398588

Mapcode National: GBR 6BM.597

Mapcode Global: WHDFW.CQN3

Entry Name: Shirland House and Attached Stableblock

Listing Date: 31 January 1967

Last Amended: 31 August 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1087785

English Heritage Legacy ID: 79455

Location: Shirland and Higham, North East Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE55

County: Derbyshire

District: North East Derbyshire

Civil Parish: Shirland and Higham

Built-Up Area: Stonebroom

Traditional County: Derbyshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire

Church of England Parish: Shirland St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Derby

Find accommodation in
Stretton

Listing Text

SK 35 NE PARISH OF SHIRLAND & HIGHAM TOWN END
4/67 (East Side)
31-1-67 Shirland House and attached
Stableblock (formerly listed
GV II as No 2, Shirland House,
Town End)

House and attached stableblock. Mid C18, south facade re-modelled c1800. Coursed
squared sandstone. Sandstone dressings and quoins of long and short type, slightly
raised to form corner pilasters. Plain first floor and eaves stringcourse. Plain
low parapets with moulded copings. Slate roof, hipped to west, with leaded
flashings. Brick gable end stacks to north and east. Brick ridge stack to
southern range. Stone coped gables with moulded kneelers to north and east.
Two storeys, double pile plan with southern crosswing. Five bay west and
south elevations. West elevation has central raised doorcase. Raised and
fielded panelled door with plain overlight. To south, two square-sectioned
mullion windows in raised plain surrounds. To north, two similar, with mullions
removed and replaced by plain sashes. Above, to south, two similar windows to
those below. Above door, similar window, except with plain sash, To north, two
large plain sashes in raised plain surrounds. South elevation has moulded central
doorcase with glazed panelled door. To either side, shallow plinth and two plain
sashes in plain raised surrounds. Incised on stone near door 'PK May 7 1780-1800'.
Above, five similar windows to those below, Attached to east stableblock. C20
door and window to west with blocked C18 2-light flush mullion window beyond.
Above, three C19 casements.


Listing NGR: SK3983758821

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.