History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Malt House

A Grade II Listed Building in Bibury, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7591 / 51°45'32"N

Longitude: -1.8295 / 1°49'46"W

OS Eastings: 411866

OS Northings: 206724

OS Grid: SP118067

Mapcode National: GBR 4RW.L98

Mapcode Global: VHB2M.71PT

Entry Name: The Malt House

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1088386

English Heritage Legacy ID: 127279

Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Bibury

Built-Up Area: Arlington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Bibury

Listing Text

BIBURY A433, Bibury Village
SP 1006-1106
(south side)
11/33 The Malt House
23.1.52
II
Large detached house. Mid-late C17; extensively enlarged and
restored late C19 and early C20. Random rubble limestone; ashlar
chimneys; stone slate roof. Generally 2-storey. Earliest part 2-
storey with attic; main 2-storey range to north is addition.
South front: earliest part stands forward with east and west
facing main gables, east having C19 ground floor 3-light, upper
floor 2-light and small single attic light in gable apex. Half
gable on south side with C19 mullioned fenestration below.
Additional gabled block to left with late C20 oriel. Part of main
range runs to right with 2 half gables, 2-window fenestration, all
mullioned. Central doorway to this part with cornice hood and
coped top. Many ridge-mounted chimneys with plain caps. Attached
outbuilding at east end with stable door having timber lintel and
inserted garage doors. North side (backing onto road): mostly
late C19 and C20. Small entrance court formed by 2 projecting
wings; doorway has bracketed hood and half gable above. Interior
not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP1186606724

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.