This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8194 / 51°49'9"N
Longitude: -1.9955 / 1°59'43"W
OS Eastings: 400408
OS Northings: 213423
OS Grid: SP004134
Mapcode National: GBR 2N7.SD7
Mapcode Global: VHB24.CJFK
Entry Name: Brown Monument in the Churchyard Approximately 5 Metres North of Church of St James
Listing Date: 24 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088454
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127133
Location: Colesbourne, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL53
Civil Parish: Colesbourne
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Colesbourne St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 01 SW COLESBOURNE COLESBOURNE VILLAGE
4/32 Brown monument in the churchyard
approx. 5m north of Church of
Chest tomb of C18. Limestone. Lyre-ends with two cherub heads
and open book on west end only; panel with Rococo border and
inscription to east. Fielded side panels; that on south flanked
by raised consul scrolls. Deep cavetto moulded top. Inscribed
on south to JOHN BROWN, died 1760; and to MARY BROWN, died 1736.
Inscribed at east end to MARY HAYDON, died 1809.
Listing NGR: SP0040813423
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings