This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0107 / 52°0'38"N
Longitude: -1.7646 / 1°45'52"W
OS Eastings: 416250
OS Northings: 234725
OS Grid: SP162347
Mapcode National: GBR 4NV.YFM
Mapcode Global: VHB19.CQGF
Entry Name: Widdow's Close
Listing Date: 26 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088615
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126806
Location: Blockley, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Blockley
Built-Up Area: Blockley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Blockley St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1634 NW 9/100 BLOCKLEY HIGH STREET
Circa 1710, front rebuilt (left hand part remodelled mid-C19). Modern alterations.
Two storeys with attic; coursed rubble (left hand part squared). Slate roof with
coped verges, left hand part had eaves raised in early-mid C19. Right hand part has
gabled dormer. Modern 3 and 4-light 'Cotswold mullion' windows. Modern door with
modern porch to right of centre. To rear: hipped stair turret with pigeon loft.
Interior has shallow vaulted cellar, chamfered beams and joists and inglenook
fireplace. Included for interior and rear.
Listing NGR: SP1625034725
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings