History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Staverton Lea Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Staverton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9103 / 51°54'37"N

Longitude: -2.1616 / 2°9'41"W

OS Eastings: 388979

OS Northings: 223539

OS Grid: SO889235

Mapcode National: GBR 1KQ.69W

Mapcode Global: VH946.H73X

Entry Name: Staverton Lea Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1088669

English Heritage Legacy ID: 126628

Location: Staverton, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL51

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Staverton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Staverton with Boddington

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Cheltenham

Listing Text

SO 82 SE STAVERTON CHURCH LANE
(south side)

6/87 Staverton Lea Farmhouse
GV II
Former vicarage, now house. 1819-1824, said to incorporate part of
an earlier house, mid-late C20 verandah. Render, lined as ashlar,
roughcast on left return, slate roof. Three-window square block,
lower 2-window service wings, all 2 storeys. Left return, facing
garden: terrace, open verandah, 4 iron poles, corrugated perspex
hipped roof. Behind, each side double French doors, up one stone
step, small panes; between a blind window recess. Above 6-pane
sashes each end, blind window recess in centre. Wide eaves,
pyramid roof, external chimney on left return, central chimney
below apex. Entrance front, plinth; blind opening left, 2-light
casement (actually same as French doors to left return, but with
sill and no steps). Four-panel door, up 2 stone steps, side
lights, 3-light rectangular light above, each light with a St
Andrew's cross. Heavy Doric single-storey porch, knotted wreaths
on frieze, moulded cornice. Above blind wider opening, two 16-pane
sashes, wide eaves, pyramid roof. Slightly set back to right lower
wing, plinth, 4-pane sash ground floor, 16-pane first with lower
iron railing to front. Hipped roof. Large chimney behind. Forms
group with Church and Old Manor (q.v.).
(V.C.H., Gloucestershire, Vol. VIII, 1968)


Listing NGR: SO8897923539

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.