This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.93 / 51°55'48"N
Longitude: -1.7233 / 1°43'23"W
OS Eastings: 419125
OS Northings: 225760
OS Grid: SP191257
Mapcode National: GBR 4PW.WPP
Mapcode Global: VHBZ5.2RV9
Entry Name: St Edward's House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088782
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126384
Location: Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Stow-on-the-Wold
Built-Up Area: Stow-on-the-Wold
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stow-on-the Wold St Edward
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 THE SQUARE
St Edward's House
SP 1925 NW 2/3 25.8.60
Circa 1730. Ashlar with much enrichment. Roof not visible. Elaborate Baroque
treatment. Three storeys, 2 windows, C19 sashes in flush panes and keyed heads.
Central arched doorway with keystone; niche over. This is flanked by fluted pilasters
with Corinthian caps which support giant strip pilasters enriched with carving
throughout their length. The whole front is paned by full height fluted pilasters
with Composite caps supporting an enriched cornice which is also the parapet. Said
to have been built and carved by a pargetter named Shepherd.
Listing NGR: SP1912525760
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings