This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6819 / 51°40'54"N
Longitude: -2.1751 / 2°10'30"W
OS Eastings: 387987
OS Northings: 198142
OS Grid: ST879981
Mapcode National: GBR 1ND.GX2
Mapcode Global: VH955.7ZYJ
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 21 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088825
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128297
Location: Avening, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Avening
Built-Up Area: Avening
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Avening Holy Cross
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 89 NE AVENING HIGH STREET
3/21 The Old Rectory
Former Rectory, now private house. Early C18. Rendered, Cotswold
stone slate roof with paired hipped gables forming double range, 2
stone ridge stacks. 2 storeys. Scattered dormer windows.
Entrance front to west has single central 12-pane sash above
entrance porch, altered, with 4-pane C19 sash to left on ground
floor. Original openings on either side on 1st floor and to right
on ground floor have been blocked. Garden (north) front has 2
large 12-pane sashes on each floor. 6-panel door.
Interior: has much remaining C18 joinery.
Listing NGR: ST8798798142
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings