This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.64 / 51°38'23"N
Longitude: -2.3535 / 2°21'12"W
OS Eastings: 375633
OS Northings: 193523
OS Grid: ST756935
Mapcode National: GBR 0MD.5SW
Mapcode Global: VH95G.514M
Entry Name: Tabernacle Chapel
Listing Date: 16 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1088845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128243
Location: Wotton-under-Edge, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL12
Civil Parish: Wotton-under-Edge
Built-Up Area: Wotton-under-Edge
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Wotton-under-Edge with Ozleworth
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 79 SE
3/173 WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE TABERNACLE PITCH
Chapel, now museum. 1850. Squared grey rubble with cream dressings, welsh slate
roof. Four/bay 'lancet style' design with western extension containing entrance
lobbies and staircases to galleries; twin turrets, one carried through to spirelet,
flanking west gable with 'lancet' corbel table. Clamp buttresses. Double lancets in
flanking bays and triple lancet west end; corbel table to eaves.
Interior; walls exposed rubble, gallery to three sides on cast iron columns, boarded
ceiling but roof principals part exposed, and arch-braced in alternate bays. In east
end gable an octofoil light surrounded by 16 small circular openings. New partition
screen under entrance gallery. Interior seating removed to provide space for Roman
pavement facsimile (from Woodchester Park).
See also photographs in NMR.
Listing NGR: ST7563393523
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings