This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6784 / 51°40'42"N
Longitude: -2.0851 / 2°5'6"W
OS Eastings: 394215
OS Northings: 197735
OS Grid: ST942977
Mapcode National: GBR 2PV.MPN
Mapcode Global: VH95D.T22Q
Entry Name: Gatehouse at Rodmarton Manor
Listing Date: 27 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089240
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129449
Location: Rodmarton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Rodmarton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Rodmarton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
RODMARTON RODMARTON VILLAGE
ST 99 NW
6/150 Gatehouse at Rodmarton Manor
Gatehouse to north of entrance to Rodmarton Manor (q.v.). Between
c1909 and 1926 by Ernest Barnsley. Coursed and dressed stone with
flush stone quoins and dressings, half hipped stone slate roof,
single large stone ridge stack with offset and moulded cornice.
Front has 2 small gabled dormers with twin 6-pane casements.
Ground floor has 3-light six-pane casements with cambered stone
heads and splayed stone sills flanking central plank door also with
cambered stone head, and trellis porch. Matches former coach house
(q.v.) on south side of entrance, and both have recess in central
returns with hinges still remaining for original gates, now
Listing NGR: ST9421597735
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings