This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7023 / 51°42'8"N
Longitude: -1.8998 / 1°53'59"W
OS Eastings: 407017
OS Northings: 200403
OS Grid: SP070004
Mapcode National: GBR 3R7.6HJ
Mapcode Global: VHB2S.0GZV
Entry Name: Barn and Adjoining Stables to South East of the Manor House
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Last Amended: 27 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089278
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129334
Location: Driffield, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Driffield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Driffield (including Harnhill)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 00 SE
4/37 Barn and adjoining stables to
south-east of The Manor House
(formerly included as two barns
4.6.52 to south-west of house)
Former barn and adjoining stable, both now used for
storage/garaging. Possibly late C18. Barn originally had flush
entry on west side with timber lintel, now partially glazed and
with sliding garage doors. Remains of gabled opposed entry of east
side, partially dismantled to incorporate large C20 corrugated iron
lean-to. Small hatch to left of flush entry. To right, lower
level building probably former stable has wide door at each end
with timber lintel, small 3-light between with pitch hole above.
Both interiors much altered in C20. To left, later, probably
mid/late C19 single storey addition, with 2 cambered head 2-light
casements and central sliding door replacing original but with
cambered head fanlight still in position.
Listing NGR: SP0701700403
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings