This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6942 / 51°41'39"N
Longitude: -1.6917 / 1°41'30"W
OS Eastings: 421406
OS Northings: 199537
OS Grid: SU214995
Mapcode National: GBR 4ST.R45
Mapcode Global: VHC0B.MPJ3
Entry Name: Shop Premises Occupied by Loosemore (Chemist)
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Last Amended: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089395
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129010
Location: Lechlade, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Lechlade
Built-Up Area: Lechlade-on-Thames
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Lechlade St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SU 2199 LECHLADE HIGHTREET
10/165 Shop premises occupied by Loosemore
(formerly listed as occupied by
44.6.52 W. E. G. Davis)
Shop in former house. Early/mid C18. Coursed rubble stone on
cemented plinth, stone slate roof hipped to right and with stone
tile-hung gable end to left, rear stack of brick and stone.
Single squarish range, 2 storeys. Two windows, 12-pane sashes
with brick quoins. Ground floor has C19 shop front with 4 thin
pilasters and moulded wood cornice framing two 3-light arched head
windows with thin colonnettes as glazing bars and central recessed
4-panel door, top 2 panels glazed and lower 2 recessed. Reputed
to have C19 Gothic pointed stone architraves to windows and doors
at rear but not accessible at time of survey (March 1985).
Listing NGR: SU2140699537
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings