This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6889 / 51°41'20"N
Longitude: -1.757 / 1°45'25"W
OS Eastings: 416897
OS Northings: 198934
OS Grid: SU168989
Mapcode National: GBR 4SY.0M0
Mapcode Global: VHB2V.HTJ4
Entry Name: Whelford Little Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089419
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128962
Location: Kempsford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Kempsford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kempsford with Whelford
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SU 19 NE KEMPSFORD WHELFORD
8/117 Whelford Little Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C17 with early C18 wing to left and replica C20
wing to right. Coursed rubblestone, stone slate roof, brick end
stack to left, stone end stack to right, both short with moulded
cornices. Single range, 2 storeys and attic to central section, 2
storeys either side. Main section has single large central gable
with 2-light stone mullion with square hoodmould, 3-light below on
first floor, and 4-light on ground floor, all with relieving
arches. Single light in stone frame to each end on ground floor
of main section and stone doorcase to left of centre with moulded
jambs and lintel and square hoodmould, and vertical battened plank
door, also with relieving arch. Wing to left has hipped stone
slate roof, two 2-light wood casements on each floor, with timber
lintels on ground floor and directly below eaves on first floor.
Right-hand wing matches with slightly larger windows and quoins to
Interior not accessible.
Listing NGR: SU1689798934
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings