This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6675 / 51°40'3"N
Longitude: -1.7686 / 1°46'6"W
OS Eastings: 416101
OS Northings: 196555
OS Grid: SU161965
Mapcode National: GBR 4T3.HNY
Mapcode Global: VHB31.9CC0
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089454
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128948
Location: Kempsford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Kempsford
Built-Up Area: Fairford Airfield
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kempsford with Whelford
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SU 19 NE KEMPSFORD KEMPSFORD VILLAGE
8/103 The Vicarage
Large detached house. Late C17, with substantial C19 additions to
west. Earlier part in rubble stone with quoins, C19 additions in
coursed and dressed stone also with quoins. Stone slate roof with
stone stacks with moulded cornices. Originally L-plan range,
extended to form squarish range, mostly 2 storeys and attic. C17
range to south, which appears in Kip's engraving of Kempsford Manor
of 1700, has 3 windows, 3-light, ovolo moulded stone mullions. One
on ground floor to left, with string course between, rest obscured
by large C19 lean-to porch across front with coloured glass.
Cross gabled projecting wing to right probably slightly later. C19
additions mainly to south and west. One small gabled dormer to
south on C17 range with 2-light wood casement.
Listing NGR: SU1610696557
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings