This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6204 / 51°37'13"N
Longitude: -2.1782 / 2°10'41"W
OS Eastings: 387757
OS Northings: 191298
OS Grid: ST877912
Mapcode National: GBR 1P5.847
Mapcode Global: VH95K.6J9P
Entry Name: Doughton House
Listing Date: 6 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128617
Location: Tetbury Upton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Tetbury Upton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tetbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 89 SE TETBURY UPTON DOUGHTON
5/342 Doughton House
Detached house. Early/mid C17 core, with additional wing to west
of c1800, and to east and south probably of early C18. Coursed
rubble stone with Cotswold stone-slate roof and stone stacks.
Original central block has 2 large gables to south and projecting
cross-gabled wing to rear, right on the road; wing to right
projects forward forming L-shape. 2 storeys and attic. Attic
gables have 2-light stone mullion leaded casement with square
hoodmould, left-hand gable has been altered to 2 mullion and
transom windows on each floor, right-hand gable has original 3-
light stone mullion window on each floor. Or ground floor to
right, stone Tudor arch doorway with wooden door panelled in
Perpendicular style. Wing to left of c1800 has 2 storeys, 3
windows on 1st floor, 12-pane sashes with plain stone architraves.
Ground floor has full height larger 12-pane sashes, also with plain
architraves and round-headed doorway to right with keystone, impost
blocks and plain architrave, with decorative radial fanlight and
double half-glazed doors. Some original joinery remaining in this
wing. Projecting right-hand wing has cavetto moulded 2-light
stone mullion casements. Street facade has 4 gables. (David Verey,
Buildings of England, Gloucestershire: the Cotswolds, 1979)
Listing NGR: ST8775791298
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings