This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.004 / 52°0'14"N
Longitude: -1.7275 / 1°43'38"W
OS Eastings: 418804
OS Northings: 233987
OS Grid: SP188339
Mapcode National: GBR 4P3.82X
Mapcode Global: VHBYS.0WML
Entry Name: Gates and Wall Forming Entrance to Batsford Park Stables, Batsford Estate
Listing Date: 11 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089583
English Heritage Legacy ID: 128649
Location: Batsford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Batsford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Moreton-in-Marsh St David
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BATSFORD BATSFORD VILLAGE
SP 13 SE
4/15 Gates and wall forming entrance
to Batsford Park Stables,
Walls, gate piers and gates. Built 1878; by Sir Ernest George
for John Freeman-Mitford. Rock-faced limestone walls and piers.
Wooden gates. 2 walls about 1.5m in height curve in towards
entrance comprising 2 single gates flanking a wider entrance.
Wide entrance flanked by 2 gate piers with moulded ashlar caps and
banded ball finials. Similar intramural piers and to left and
right of single gates with pyramidal caps.
Listing NGR: SP1880433987
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings