History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2 and 4, Hampton Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Tetbury, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6395 / 51°38'22"N

Longitude: -2.1624 / 2°9'44"W

OS Eastings: 388854

OS Northings: 193420

OS Grid: ST888934

Mapcode National: GBR 1P0.046

Mapcode Global: VH95K.G2N0

Entry Name: 2 and 4, Hampton Street

Listing Date: 6 September 1954

Last Amended: 21 March 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1089615

English Heritage Legacy ID: 128516

Location: Tetbury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Tetbury

Built-Up Area: Tetbury

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Tetbury St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Tetbury

Listing Text

ST 8893-8993 TETBURY HAMPTON STREET
(west side)

7/242 Nos 2 and 4
[formerly listed as Nos 4 & 6
6.9.54 (Old Brewery)]


II


Former wool warehouses, brewery, laundry buildings, now partially
converted to houses (south end of No. 2) and offices (north end of
No. 4, now empty). Late C18. Rubble stone with Cotswold stone
slate roof with small partially glazed cupola in centre of ridge
with weathervane. Street elevation presents large wall space in
central section of block with 2 small 2-light stone windows one
above the other in the centre and both ends. In the centre are 3
doorways, 2 blocked, with stone lintels and quoins. An additional
door to the left with plain glass fanlight and half-glazed door and
blocked-in former carriage arch with C20 bow window insertion.
These 2 doorways and 2 single lights over are part of the
conversion of No. 2. To the right below 2-light windows a 12-pane
sash on ground floor. Beyond this to north, No. 4 has been
converted into offices with scattered fenestration and doors. The
two end sections are not of special interest.


Listing NGR: ST8885493420

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.