This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6524 / 51°39'8"N
Longitude: -2.2816 / 2°16'53"W
OS Eastings: 380613
OS Northings: 194884
OS Grid: ST806948
Mapcode National: GBR 0M9.CZJ
Mapcode Global: VH959.DQNM
Entry Name: Bagpath Court
Listing Date: 6 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130415
Location: Kingscote, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Kingscote
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Newington Bagpath with Kingscote
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 89 SW
6/100 Bagpath Court
Detached house. Late C17, dated 1697 on entrance gate piers,
enlarged in early/mid C19 to rear, and altered in 1961. Random
coursed rubble stone with quoins on moulded plinth, stone slate
roof hipped originally only to south, now at both ends, ashlar
ridge and lateral stacks, restored and with moulded cornice. Main
range of 2 storeys and attic with 2-storey rear range forming L-
shape to north west. Windows probably originally stone mullions
and transoms but completely refenestrated during C18 to form three
12-pane sashes with timber lintel to first floor, and 2 on ground
floor with plain continuous string course as dripmould and central
stone doorcase with plain imposts, raised keystone and moulded
cornice with half-width broken pediment, and door of 6 fielded
panels. Three hipped dormers with paired 6-pane casements.
String course continues on left hand return with one 12-pane sash
to each floor and rainwater head dated 1961. Rear wing has
restored paired casement fenestration. Interior has restored late
C17 twisted baluster stair with moulded newel post up to attic,
pulvinated moulded doorcase with frieze and cornice to right of
stair on first floor, with left hand end buried in later partition
wall. Some original beams remain but much altered internally.
Cellar has one chamfered and stopped beam and 2-light stone mullion
windows below plinth on main facade, with stepped internal splays.
(David Verey, Buildings of England: Gloucestershire - the
Listing NGR: ST8061394884
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings