This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6491 / 51°38'56"N
Longitude: -2.2261 / 2°13'33"W
OS Eastings: 384455
OS Northings: 194498
OS Grid: ST844944
Mapcode National: GBR 1NQ.G0Z
Mapcode Global: VH95B.CTJ6
Entry Name: Stable Block and Adjoining Cowhouse to North East at Babdown Farm
Listing Date: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089718
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130339
Location: Beverston, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8
Civil Parish: Beverston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Beverston St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 89 SW
6/25 Stable block and adjoining
cowhouse to north-east at
Stable block and adjoining cowhouse to north east. 1847, built for
Robert Stayner Holford, possibly by Lewis Vulliamy. Coursed stone,
stone slate roof. Stable of single storey and loft with central
gabled loft door reached by straight flight of 14 stone steps, with
scattered cambered head openings to each side. To right, 2 plank
doors and one small window between, and former probable cart
opening to far right under large, shaped stone lintel, now a
garage. To left, 2 shallow windows and central longer window.
Adjoining on left, small L-shaped cowhouse with 5 doorways linked
by gateway of which only piers survive to large barn (q.v.) on west
side of farmyard. Part of a complete and largely unaltered
contemporary farmyard complex, probably one of several built in the
area by Vulliamy, linked by walls (q.v.) and with barn and
cowhouses on west and south sides.
Listing NGR: ST8445594498
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings