This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5873 / 51°35'14"N
Longitude: -2.2605 / 2°15'37"W
OS Eastings: 382049
OS Northings: 187634
OS Grid: ST820876
Mapcode National: GBR 0N3.K91
Mapcode Global: VH95P.RCVJ
Entry Name: Congregational Church
Listing Date: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089731
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130374
Location: Didmarton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL9
Civil Parish: Didmarton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Didmarton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
DIDMARTON CHAPEL WALK
15/60 Congregational Church
Former Union Chapel. Dated 1843 with name on plaque to centre
front. Coursed and dressed stone, shallow pitched slate roof with
coped verges and kneelers. Single block of one tall storey with
lower rear wing and front porch. Sides have 2 long round-headed
radial glazed 12-pane sashes in painted plain stone surrounds. Two
similar 9-pane to front above central gabled porch also with coped
verge and kneelers and round-headed soffit to doorway with double
doors each of 3 flush panels and 2 flush quadrant panels over.
Additional door of 6 flush panels on right hand return of porch.
Rear wing has C20 six-panel door to right hand return and original
12-pane sash to each return. Small rear shed or boiler room
attached. Interior not accessible but apparently original gallery
visible and original fittings may survive.
Listing NGR: ST8204987634
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings