This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8823 / 51°52'56"N
Longitude: -1.8899 / 1°53'23"W
OS Eastings: 407673
OS Northings: 220419
OS Grid: SP076204
Mapcode National: GBR 3NX.WJG
Mapcode Global: VHB1T.6Y7F
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089855
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130061
Location: Hazleton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Hazleton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Shipton Oliffe St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
HAZLETON SALPERTON VILLAGE
SP 02 SE
1/64 The Red House
Detached house, dated 1767 on stone plaque in left gable end.
Limestone rubble, red brick facade with rusticated quoins. Left
gable end rendered. Rectangular main body. C20 single storey
extension and lean-to at rear not of special interest. Main body;
2 storeys and attic lit by three 2-light C20 roof dormers.
Symmetrical 3-windowed facade mostly double-chamfered cross
windows. Two-light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement over
central fielded 6-panel door (2 upper panels glazed) within dressed
roll-moulded stone surround. Brick modillion cornice at eaves.
Flat coping at gable ends, roll cross saddles. Two chimney gables
at rear of main body. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP0767320419
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings