This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8764 / 51°52'34"N
Longitude: -1.8136 / 1°48'48"W
OS Eastings: 412931
OS Northings: 219770
OS Grid: SP129197
Mapcode National: GBR 4QJ.B9H
Mapcode Global: VHB21.J33F
Entry Name: Sycamore House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089875
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130006
Location: Cold Aston, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Cold Aston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cold Aston St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
COLD ASTON alias THE GREEN
SP 11 NW
ASTON BLANK (north side)
6/8 Sycamore House
(formerly listed as Sycamore House
Detached house. Probably built 1792. Coursed squared finely
dressed limestone. Stone slate roof, ashlar stacks. Rectangular,
double pile plan with single bay C19 extension right and wash house
at rear right-hand corner. Main body; 2 storeys, attic and
cellar. Cellar lit by 3-light hollow-moulded stone-mullioned
window. Three-windowed facade, all mid-late C19 four-pane sashes
with horns within moulded architraves with small keystones.
Central late C18 six-panel door up 6 steps, fine rectangular cobweb
light over door. Rectangular bay window with two 4-pane sashes at
front, similar sashes in side walls. Parapet pointed up to form
surround to 2-light dormer within moulded surround with keystone,
at centre. Narrow band at level of window sill. Single storey
single bay extension right of main body lit by 2-light casement
with horizontal glazing bars. Parallel-ridged roof. Gable end
stacks with moulded cappings.
Interior; late C18 staircase with stick balusters. Large open
fire with bressumer beam, two segmental-headed niches at rear of
fireplace, formerly with doors. House built on site of an earlier
house which was destroyed by fire in 1788 (the cellar windows
presumably represent remnants of this house).
Listing NGR: SP1293119770
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings