This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8869 / 51°53'12"N
Longitude: -1.7684 / 1°46'6"W
OS Eastings: 416035
OS Northings: 220957
OS Grid: SP160209
Mapcode National: GBR 4QD.PQC
Mapcode Global: VHB1W.9TGV
Entry Name: Bourton Bridge
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089916
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129897
Location: Lower Slaughter, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Lower Slaughter
Built-Up Area: Bourton-on-the-Water
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Lower Slaughter St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
The entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 20 March 2017.
SP 12 SE
6/14 Bourton Bridge
Bridge on boundary of the parishes of Cold Aston, Bourton-on-the-Water and Lower Slaughter. Built 1806, widened 1959. Ashlar. Parapet with roll-moulded capping rises to gentle point at centre of span and terminates in octagonal piers with bell-shaped cappings. Three slightly pointed arches spanning River Windrush in a 'Tudor'-arched recess, weathered breakwaters. The east (Bourton) side retains the old masonary, the west side was moved to form a wider carriageway 1959. Stone plaque by T.S. Chant recording widening on east side below bridge parapet. An historic crossing, bridged first by the Romans and with a stone bridge since 1483.
Listing NGR: SP1603320966
The asset was previously listed thrice also under List entries 1089868 and 1088760. These entries were removed from the List on 20 March 2017.
Other nearby listed buildings