History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

10, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7086 / 51°42'30"N

Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W

OS Eastings: 415225

OS Northings: 201113

OS Grid: SP152011

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SMP

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.2BS2

Entry Name: 10, High Street

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Last Amended: 17 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1089967

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129723

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Quenington

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 12/04/2016

SP 1401-1501
13/166

FAIRFORD
HIGH STREET (east side)
No. 10

(Formerly listed as No. 10 (J.C. Peyman Ltd), previously listed as Premises occupied by Baldwins (Fairford) Ltd)

4.6.52

GV
II
House in row, with ground floor shop. Early C18. Rubble stone with tooled flush quoins, stone slate roof to front and to rear wing, artificial stone slates to rear of main roof. Probably originally a stone end stack to left, raised in brick and now incorporated into adjoining stack. Single front range of 2 storeys and attic, with central long rear range of 2 storeys reached by road running underneath carriage arch on right hand side of front. Two slightly higher attached restored cottages at end of rear range not of special interest. Three windows,12-pane sashes in beaded slightly raised dressed stone surrounds with additional tooled quoins and lintels, three gabled dormers with 4-pane sashes through eaves. Ground floor has similar beaded stone door surround to left with renewed door, C19 plate glass shop front in centre and carriage arch to right with cambered timber lintel to front and beam to centre and rear of throughway. Rear wing has scattered fenestration, all with timber lintels. End block has row of four 4-light, including 2 Yorkshire sliding sashes, on first floor.

Listing NGR: SP1523801112

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.