History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

East End House

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7066 / 51°42'23"N

Longitude: -1.7748 / 1°46'29"W

OS Eastings: 415654

OS Northings: 200893

OS Grid: SP156008

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.VH7

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.6C2L

Entry Name: East End House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1089996

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129692

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Fairford

Listing Text

SP 1400-1500 FAIRFORD EAST END

14/136 East End House

4.6.52
II

Large detached house of c1750 added to remains of early C17 house,
with new entrance wing added to north west in 1901. Coursed and
dressed stone front on plinth with alternating chamfered quoins,
with coursed rubble to rear, hipped roof of slate to front with
parapet and moulded cornice, and stone slate to rear, stone end
stacks, renewed to right. Single range of 3 storeys with hipped
rear stair turret of 3 storeys flanked by catslides down to 2
storeys, 2-storey corner wing in north west, and C17 wing of 2
storeys and attic to east. South front has 3 windows, 9-pane
sashes to second foor, 12-pane to first, with plat bands between
floors. Ground floor has 2 tripartite sashes of 4/12/4 panes and
central double doors with margin glazing, original doorcase having
been moved to north west wing. Conservatory in front of doors and
between windows, not of special interest. South side of west wing
has 4-pane sash over tripartite opening with double doors and side
lights. All windows in flush stone surrounds. C17 wing has
cambered head 3-light to ground and first floors and large true
dormer over with triangular head, end stack to right with moulded
cornice. Two restored 3-light stone mullions on right hand return
and small slate-roofed lean-to, with C20 doors. Reused stone
doorcase on north west corner has open pediment, narrow panelled
pilasters and semi-circular soffit with recessed 6-panel door with
recessed panels, and decorative radial fanlight.

Listing NGR: SP1565400893

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.