This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7849 / 51°47'5"N
Longitude: -1.8757 / 1°52'32"W
OS Eastings: 408672
OS Northings: 209591
OS Grid: SP086095
Mapcode National: GBR 3Q9.0LY
Mapcode Global: VHB2D.FDRJ
Entry Name: The Glebe House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090199
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131159
Location: Coln St. Dennis, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Coln St. Dennis
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Coln Rogers St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
COLN ST DENNIS COLN ROGERS
15/135 The Glebe House
(formerly listed as Old Rectory)
Former rectory now house. Late C16-early C17 with later extension
on the west with garden front added in 1842 by Daukes and Hamilton.
Early range limestone rubble. Ashlar stacks (some restored C20),
random squared and dressed limestone. Rectangular plan to early
range with wash house extension to the east gable end; later
extension to the south front of the early range. Two storeys and
attic. Twin-gabled north front to the early range with a single-
storey wash house extension: 2 and 3-light ovolo-moulded stone-
mullioned casements with stopped hoods to the gables; single-bay
with 2-light flat-chamfered stone-mullioned casements (one C20)
between the two gables; C20 four-light stone-mullioned casement
lower left, single-light casement with a flat-chamfered surround
above; 3-light casement to wash house. All casements with leaded
panes. Almost symmetrical 3-windowed garden (north) front with two
gables flanking a small gablet. Four-light stone-mullioned
casement with transom and stopped hood lower left; 5-light stone-
mullioned canted bay with transom lower right; central stone-
mullioned cross window with a stopped hood below the central
gablet; 3-light stone-mullioned casements with stopped hoods to the
gables either side. Blind single-light Tudor-arched windows to the
gables. Central C20 glass door with glazing bars within a flat-
chamfered 'Tudor'-arched surround with carved spandrels. Blind
panelling over the door. C19 gabled projecting porch provides the
main access to the house. Gable-end stacks to the early range.
Projecting C19 stacks with twin diagonally set shafts to the later
range. Stepped coping with roll-cross saddles and moulded kneelers
to the gables of the C19 garden front.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP0867209591
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings