History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Rissington House and Flat

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8767 / 51°52'36"N

Longitude: -1.7251 / 1°43'30"W

OS Eastings: 419019

OS Northings: 219830

OS Grid: SP190198

Mapcode National: GBR 4QN.8PF

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.13V4

Entry Name: Little Rissington House and Flat

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Last Amended: 28 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090285

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130961

Location: Little Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Little Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Little Rissington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Wyck Rissington

Listing Text

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1819-1919
8/230 Little Rissington House and flat
(formerly listed as The Old
25.8.60 Rectory)
GV II
Former rectory, now house. Late C18 with slightly later extension
extended 1812-19, later C19 and partly rebuilt mid C20. Ashlar
main body with pebble-dashed extensions. Stone slate roof to main
body, some concrete tile roof to the later C19 extension, with
ashlar stacks. 'L'-shaped main body comprising two parallel ranges
with early C19 extension to right gable end, late C19 extensions to
left. Main body; 2 storeys, attic and cellar. Flat-chamfered
plinth. Three-windowed facade lit by 16-pane sashes with horns
within double-chamfered surrounds. Central C19 part-glazed
segmental-headed door set within a moulded surround with a
keystone, up two stone steps; small 9-pane top-opening window to
the left of the door. Band between the floors. Early C19
extension continuous with facade to the right. Pebble-dashed late
C19 extension lit by 4-pane sashes with horns set back and facing
road to the left. Right-hand return of early C19 extension to
right. Upper floor (added c1964) is lit by four 16-pane sashes
with stopped hoods. Large 8-pane cross-windows with roll-moulded
mullions and stopped hoods to the ground floor. Upper floor, added
1964, has similar fenestration. String between the ground and
first floors. Two-light casement with glazing bars and Gothic
glazing at the top to the ground floor at the rear of the main
body. Sixteen-pane sash with horns and a 4-pane sash with horns to
the attic. Gable-end stacks and moulded coping with kneelers to
the main body, both stacks with flat-chamfered cappings. Moulded
flat coping and gable-end stacks to the extension parallel to main
body at the rear.
Interior; reeded architraves to doorways. Staircase with stick
balusters. Adam-style plastered ceiling to the early C19
extension.

Listing NGR: SP1901919830

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.