History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse and Adjoining Outbuildings at Rear

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8759 / 51°52'33"N

Longitude: -1.7226 / 1°43'21"W

OS Eastings: 419196

OS Northings: 219744

OS Grid: SP191197

Mapcode National: GBR 4QN.9BR

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.336Q

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Adjoining Outbuildings at Rear

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090286

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130965

Location: Little Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Little Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Little Rissington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Wyck Rissington

Listing Text

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1819-1919
8/234 Manor Farmhouse and adjoining
outbuildings at rear
25.8.60
GV II
Farmhouse and outbuildings at the rear adjoining Manor Farm Cottage
(q.v.). Late C17-early C18, extended late C18-early C19 and C19.
Main body; cream coloured thinly-bedded, coursed, roughly squared
limestone. Later extensions; orange coloured coursed squared and
dressed limestone with dressed stone quoins. Stone slate to the
main body, concrete tile to the outbuildings at the rear. Ashlar
and coursed squared and dressed limestone stacks. Rectangular plan
with successive extensions to the left. Outbuildings at right
angles to the rear. Main body including first extension; 2
storeys and attic lit by a single gablet far right. Four-windowed
facade. Three 3-light stone-mullioned casements to the ground
floor, 2 and 3-light stone-mullioned casements to the first floor,
Two-light stone-mullioned casement with stopped hood to gablet.
Later extension with a lower roofline to the left gable end with a
blocked segmental-headed doorway. Single double-chamfered light
inserted in the blocking. C20 door with fillets off-centre right
with a C20 surround with a stopped hood. Outbuildings at the rear
partly originally a stable with loft, now partly used as a garage
and office. 1-1½ storeys. Gable at right angles to stables with
stone steps up to plank door. Stable door and two 8-pane windows
hinged at the bottom to the opposite wall. Pitching door in the
gable end. Interiors not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1919619744

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.