History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Post Office and Wash House

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.877 / 51°52'37"N

Longitude: -1.7232 / 1°43'23"W

OS Eastings: 419148

OS Northings: 219859

OS Grid: SP191198

Mapcode National: GBR 4QN.94W

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.22VY

Entry Name: The Old Post Office and Wash House

Listing Date: 28 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090287

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130969

Location: Little Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Little Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Little Rissington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Wyck Rissington

Listing Text

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1819-1919
8/238 The Old Post Office
and wash house
GV II
Detached cottage. Early C19. Coursed squared and finely dressed
limestone. Stone slate roof to main body, slate roof to wash
house. Ashlar and artificial stone stacks to main body, brick
stack to wash house. Rectangular plan to main body with extensions
at both gable ends. Wash house extension at right angles to the
latter. Three-windowed facade to the main body (including
extension in same style to right) with 2-bay extension to the left.
Two 4-light stone-mullioned bays with stone slab roofs to the
ground floor, single 2-light stone-mullioned casement to extension
at the right gable end; two 3-light and one 2-light stone-
mullioned casement to the first floor. All casements to the main
body with horizontal glazing bars. Central C19 six-panel door with
a flat-chamfered surround, continuous hoodmould above. C19 plank
door with single-glazed panel to the right-hand extension. Two-bay
extension to the left formerly probably used as a store with
granary over. Two-light casements to the first floor. Double-
width entrance (inserted C20) with timber lintel to the ground
floor. Single-storey wash house at right angles with part-glazed
4-panel door and a 2-light wooden casement. Gable-end and axial
stacks. Flat coping at the left gable end of the main body.
Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1914819859

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.