History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Rose Cottage, East of Hillside House (Formerly Owned by Miss Dc Le Marchant)

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8767 / 51°52'36"N

Longitude: -1.7244 / 1°43'27"W

OS Eastings: 419070

OS Northings: 219831

OS Grid: SP190198

Mapcode National: GBR 4QN.8VX

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.2374

Entry Name: Rose Cottage, East of Hillside House (Formerly Owned by Miss Dc Le Marchant)

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090289

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130974

Location: Little Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Little Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Little Rissington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Wyck Rissington

Listing Text

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1819-1919
8/243 Rose Cottage, east of Hillside House
(formerly owned by Miss D. C.
25.8.60 Le Marchant)
GV II
Detached cottage. (Not to be confused with Rose Cottage north of
Enever House q.v.) C19 with later extension. Orange coloured
coursed squared and dressed limestone with dressed limestone
quoins. Concrete tile roof to the main body. Stone slate and red
tile to later extension. Stack to main body restored in
reconstituted stone C20; stack to extension coursed squared and
dressed limestone. Rectangular plan to main body with later
extension to left gable end (as viewed from the entrance front).
Greenhouse extension to the later not of special interest. Main
body; 2 storeys and attic. Two-windowed entrance front lit by 2-
light wooden casements with timber lintels, C20 four-light dormer.
Former central doorway now blocked. C20 part-glazed door to the
right. Single-storey extension to the left. Roadside front; 2-
light stone-mullioned casement to the ground floor of the main
body. Three-light C20 metal casement to the single-storey
extension. Interior not inspected. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SP1907019831

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.