This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.828 / 51°49'40"N
Longitude: -1.7452 / 1°44'42"W
OS Eastings: 417654
OS Northings: 214407
OS Grid: SP176144
Mapcode National: GBR 4R6.9LF
Mapcode Global: VHB28.P9QZ
Entry Name: Stones Farm
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090411
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130667
Location: Sherborne, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Sherborne St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SHERBORNE SHERBORNE VILLAGE
9/230 Stones Farm
(formerly listed as Stone
Farmhouse and barn)
Detached farmhouse. Built in 1818 by Richard Pace of Lechlade
with later extension. Coursed squared and dressed limestone.
Stone slate roof with ashlar stacks. Formerly 'U'-shaped plan
with later C19 lean-to infill within former courtyard. Bread oven
projects from rear left-hand gable. Two storeys and attic lit by
two 2-light hipped roof dormers with glazing bars. Symmetrical 3-
windowed facade with 12-pane sashes to first floor and 16-pane
sashes within plain architraves with recessed 'tympanums'.
Central 6-panel door with hall-light over within shallow porch with
triangular pediment supported on Doric columns. Band above first
floor windows. Three-light stone-mullioned casements mostly with
horizontal glazing bars, some with probably original leaded panes.
Hipped roof with projecting stacks at gable ends and axial stacks.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1765414407
Other nearby listed buildings