History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

William Trinder Monument and Monuments Either Side, in the Churchyard of the Church of St Peter, Circa 5 Metres South of the South Door

A Grade II* Listed Building in Windrush, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8156 / 51°48'56"N

Longitude: -1.7211 / 1°43'15"W

OS Eastings: 419323

OS Northings: 213029

OS Grid: SP193130

Mapcode National: GBR 4RF.3PL

Mapcode Global: VHBZR.3MZK

Entry Name: William Trinder Monument and Monuments Either Side, in the Churchyard of the Church of St Peter, Circa 5 Metres South of the South Door

Listing Date: 25 March 1987

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090417

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130683

Location: Windrush, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, OX18

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Windrush

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Windrush St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Great Rissington

Listing Text

WINDRUSH THE GREEN, Windrush Village
SP 1913
10/246 William Trinder monument and
monuments either side, in the
churchyard of the Church of St.
Peter, c5m south of the south door
GV II*

Bale tomb and two flanking headstones. Limestone. Cl7-C18. Bale
tomb. Inscription to William Trinder, died 1677, on an oval
inscription plaque with foliate surround. Blind round-headed
arches either side with imposts and keystones. Frieze above all
three panels. South side of similar design with eroded inscription
to the wife of William Trinder. Later inscriptions on sunken
panels at east and west ends. Inscription at west end to Hannah
wife of William Trinder. Almost illegible inscription with the
date 1795 at the west end. Ribbed bale stone with scalloped ends.
Carved mask with scrolls covering cheeks at west end (q.v. Annathe
Newman bale tomb).
Headstone immediately left of the bale tomb. C18. Limestone.
Illegible cartouche-like inscription plaque. Single, winged
cherub's head at centre top.
Headstone immediately to right of bale tomb. C18. Illegible
cartouche-like inscription. Two winged cherubs' heads at top.


Listing NGR: SP1932413032

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.