This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8158 / 51°48'56"N
Longitude: -1.721 / 1°43'15"W
OS Eastings: 419329
OS Northings: 213055
OS Grid: SP193130
Mapcode National: GBR 4RF.3QL
Mapcode Global: VHBZR.4M1C
Entry Name: James Bradshaw Monument in the Churchyard of the Church of St Peter, Circa 6 Metres North of Nave
Listing Date: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090419
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130687
Location: Windrush, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, OX18
Civil Parish: Windrush
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Windrush St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
WINDRUSH THE GREEN, Windrush Village
10/250 James Bradshaw monument in the
churchyard of the Church of St.
Peter, c6m north of nave
Chest tomb to James Bradshaw, son of Edward and Elizabeth
Bradshaw, died 1730. Limestone. Partially legible inscription to
Mary, his wife on the south side. Marginal panels tapering towards
bottom, flanking inscriptions at sides and ends. Marginal panels
on north side with foliate decoration. Marginal panels on south
side with winged cherubs' heads. Moulding above inscription with
guttae at regular intervals. Consoles with acanthus decoration
decorate frieze above. Capping with moulded margin, smaller upper
capping stone above (in fragments).
Listing NGR: SP1932813052
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings