This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8337 / 51°50'1"N
Longitude: -1.7651 / 1°45'54"W
OS Eastings: 416285
OS Northings: 215034
OS Grid: SP162150
Mapcode National: GBR 4QZ.YCK
Mapcode Global: VHB28.C57M
Entry Name: Barn and Stable Complex C10m West of Mill Hill Farmhouse
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090434
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130623
Location: Sherborne, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Sherborne
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Sherborne St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SHERBORNE SHERBORNE VILLAGE
Barn and stable complex cl0m west
of Mill Hill Farmhouse (formerly
23.1.52 listed with Mill Hill Farmhouse)
Barn and stable complex. Barn late C18-early C19, remainder of
range mid-late C19. Coursed squared and dressed limestone. Stone
slate roof on roof pitch facing road, otherwise concrete tile.
Ashlar stack to barn. Complex forms 'U'-shaped plan with barn on
south. Rendered C20 lean-to on north side of yard not of special
interest. Barn: double doors set back within lean-to porch off-
centre right on south. Steps up left-hand side of porch to double
part-glazed doors. Small C20 double-width opening to right of
porch with concrete lintel. Two 3-light wood-mullioned casements
to first floor. Double plank doors to extension right of barn.
Flat coping at gable ends of barn. Ashlar stack at left gable end.
Segmental-headed 2-light casements with glazing bars and segmental-
headed doorways to remainder of range.
Listing NGR: SP1628515034
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings