History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Post Office

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8299 / 51°49'47"N

Longitude: -1.8375 / 1°50'15"W

OS Eastings: 411293

OS Northings: 214596

OS Grid: SP112145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.B7X

Mapcode Global: VHB27.38FK

Entry Name: The Post Office

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090443

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130541

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTH--LEACH WITH THE MARKET PLACE
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (north side), Northleach
8/104 The Post Office
23.1.52
GV II

The Post Office and lock-up, at end of row. C17-mid C18 in several
phases. Main body limestone rubble. Twin-gabled extensions at
front. Coursed squared and finely dressed limestone, rendered at
front above ground floor level. Ashlar stacks replaced in brick.
Complex plan with two gabled extensions projecting forwards at
front. C20 lean-to shop front with glazing bars, C20 door with
glazing bars left. Four 12-pane sash windows to first floor;
those lighting right-hand gable paired. Attics lit by 2-light
casements with glazing bars. Keystone to first floor and attic
window of left-hand gable. Projecting shop window with horizontal
glazing bars to left-hand return of left-hand gable. Early plank
door giving access to former 'lock-up' left where the stocks and
ducking stool were formerly stored. Heavy-pegged frame with lintel
with ogee curved soffit. Axial stacks. Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP1129214594

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II The Ox House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Old Woolhouse
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Northleach War Memorial
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Doctors Commons
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II K6 Telephone Kiosk
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Gables
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Farrier's
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Cotteswold House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.