History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Farmington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8362 / 51°50'10"N

Longitude: -1.8055 / 1°48'19"W

OS Eastings: 413494

OS Northings: 215305

OS Grid: SP134153

Mapcode National: GBR 4QY.SF8

Mapcode Global: VHB27.N3BP

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090466

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130493

Location: Farmington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Farmington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Farmington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Farmington

Listing Text

FARMINGTON FARMINGTON VILLAGE
SP 11 NW
1/55 The Old Rectory
(formerly listed as The Rectory)
23.1..52
GV II

Former rectory now house. Reputedly built in 1788. Coursed
squared and dressed limestone, stone slate roof to main body and
stableblock. Ashlar stacks to main body. Rectangular plan to main
body, flat-roofed extension to left, linking main body to former
stableblock, now converted into garaging. Main body; 2 storeys
and attic lit by C20 flat-roofed dormers and 2-light casements in
gable ends. Garden front; symmetrical, 5-windowed facade, all 12-
pane sashes with plain architraves with keystones. Central fielded
6-panel door within round-headed (restored C20) with fanlight with
radiating glazing bars. Doric columns supporting gabled stone
canopy. Sun fire insurance plaque above. Traces of former
roofline of earlier porch above. Band and parapet above first
floor windows. Part-glazed C19 door in right gable end, set back
within panelled reveal with brick-built head and ornate fanlight.
Twelve-pane sashes at rear within plain architraves. Half-hipped
roof to main body, axial stacks. Half-hipped roof to stableblock.
Interior; original staircase with wreathed handrail and stick
balusters.


Listing NGR: SP1349415305

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.