History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tudor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8293 / 51°49'45"N

Longitude: -1.8369 / 1°50'12"W

OS Eastings: 411334

OS Northings: 214531

OS Grid: SP113145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.BDH

Mapcode Global: VHB27.39R0

Entry Name: Tudor House

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090477

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130524

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTHLEACH WITH THE GREEN
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (south side), Northleach
8/87 Tudor House
(formerly listed as John Fortey's
23.1.52 House)
GV II

House in row. C16. Random squared and finely dressed stone to
ground floor. Close-studded timber-framing with curved braces to
jettied first floor. Stone slate roof. Rectangular plan to main
body with successive later extensions at rear. Two-storey, 3-
windowed facade. Two 2-light metal casements with leaded panes to
first floor central window, now blocked. Canted 5-light window
lower right. Splayed windows with leaded panes. C20 part-glazed
door within a flat-chamfered segmental-headed surround. Double
doors to through access to rear left. Two wooden brackets rising
from stone corbels below jetty either side of opening. Heraldic
shield with raised cross on each corbel.
Interior; intersecting beams with deep, flat chamfers. Short
section of C17 carved scrollwork frieze over door (possibly
reused).


Listing NGR: SP1134214525

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.