History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Red Lion

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8299 / 51°49'47"N

Longitude: -1.8364 / 1°50'10"W

OS Eastings: 411372

OS Northings: 214596

OS Grid: SP113145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.BJP

Mapcode Global: VHB27.481K

Entry Name: The Red Lion

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1090481

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130534

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTHLEACH WITH HIGH STREET
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (north side), Northleach
8/97 The Red Lion
(formerly listed as Red Lion Hotel)
23.1.52
GV II

Inn in row, adjoining Market House (q.v.) and The Congregational
Church (q.v.). C16 with C19 extensions. Large coursed squared
and dressed limestone on ground floor. Jettied close-studded first
floor with plastered infill. Stone slate roof, hung tile at left
gable end. Rendered brick stack. Rectangular plan to main body
with successive C19 extensions at rear. C20 flat-roofed extension
not of special interest. Two-storey, 3-windowed facade. All 3-
light metal casements with horizontal glazing bars. Two twin 12-
pane sashes with horns to ground floor, left-hand pair within
casement-moulded surround. Passage to rear right. Axial stack.
Interior; four-centred arched flat-chamfered stone door surround.
Reputed to contain bread oven and cellar.


Listing NGR: SP1137214596

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Market House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Congregational Church
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Brunswick Cottage
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Union
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Brunswick House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Country Friends
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II K6 Telephone Kiosk
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Gables
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.